Gone are the days when having an eCommerce website was simply a means of promoting your product line. Today, the market has evolved into one that thrives on building and maintaining strong, personalized relationships with customers. Brands and companies therefore need to ensure that their customers are getting a deeper benefit from the service throughout their shopping experience.
Inbound Marketing + eCommerce
Today’s customers are a lot more intuitive and discerning, and as such, eCommerce brands need to match them with intuitive tactics of their own. Traditional marketing methods, that focused more on pushing your brand at the customer at every passing opportunity, will no longer work. According to Hubspot, today’s buyers have taken control of the content they want to view and no longer respond to impersonal and disruptive marketing tactics. They prefer to seek out companies or brands based on their own research, and will only talk to a sales rep after they’re completely satisfied and convinced of that brand’s suitability.
Inbound Marketing + eCommerce
Inbound marketing is an intuitive marketing methodology that is centered on building a personalized relationship between a brand and the customer. It works by pushing relevant marketing tactics based on what stage the customer is currently at, and guide them towards the decision stage. In simple words, a customer will see the content if and only if they are looking for it.
There are four phases in the inbound marketing methodology:
This phase focuses on attracting visitors to your website by publishing content relevant to their interests. The key is to keep them coming back to you for information, and getting them to consider you as a reliable source of information.
At this stage, the content marketing tactics employed previously begin to reap dividends, and works on converting your visitors into leads by encouraging them to engage.
This is a decisive stage in inbound marketing which converts your leads to customers, and generates revenue for your business.
Marketing doesn’t stop with a sale. The next step is ensure that the customers are happy to the point where they’d promote the business and product to other prospective customers.
Tracking Success Metrics
Customer acquisition and retention are expensive, but necessary, investments and companies need to ensure profitable returns on these investments. However, many businesses fail on that front owing to challenges like high cart abandonment rates and poor customer experience on their websites.
Using inbound marketing, eCommerce brands are required to keep track of a number of metrics to measure and assess their success. One such metric – in fact, the most important metric, that determines the success of a business is centered on a company’s ability to retain a customer. It’s the Customer Lifetime Value (LTV).
In simple terms, LTV helps determine the projected revenue a customer will generate during their lifetime. Using LTV, businesses can correctly determine how much their customers spend, how often they spend it and what perks or offers converted them into successful buyers. With this information in hand, businesses can determine the strongest areas that can be leveraged to increase revenue generation.
Based on the implications of these metrics, companies need to perform the requisite tactics to ensure that their revenue and growth aspirations are on track. From providing relevant content to entice new customers, producing engaging social media content and developing effective customer retargeting campaigns for existing customers and abandoned carts, businesses use a number of tools to execute these tactics.
However, the lack of cohesion that comes with using separate platforms to handle multiple aspects of your marketing and sales efforts can hinder a Magento store’s growth.
Enter HubSpot for Magento
In HubSpot’s own words, they are “an inbound marketing software platform that helps companies attract visitors, convert leads, and close customers.” In other words, it’s a single unified, easy-to-use platform to handle your Inbound Marketing strategy from start to finish. By seamlessly connecting your Magento store to HubSpot, you benefit from all the tools in one single platform, and you can analyze customers’ data in real time, including but not limited to: activity, cart behavior, lifetime customer statistics, purchases.
Tools to Optimize SEO
Hubspot’s SEO tool is integrated with all their content tools to allow users to create search optimized content that can attract visitor traffic to their website.
- The tool analyzes and identifies the right keywords and topics that can help the business’s website rank.
- Conduct keyword research, get suggestions, see ranking difficulty, and access monthly search data to estimate the traffic potential of specific keywords.
Content Building and Marketing
The content development tool comes with a single platform to manage all the content on your website, removing any disconnect between your content management efforts including:
- Creating search- and mobile-optimized content to drive successful conversions
- Creating personalized content tailored to visitors’ preferences, location, source or device to increase customer interaction
The blogging tool comes with pre-written templates and an easy-to-use on-page editor. Hubspot also lets you promote and market your content efficiently with blog editorial calendar that allows you to:
- Schedule blog posts to be published at the right time
- Automatically share and promote posts on social media when the post is published
- Generate e-mail alerts for dedicated readers so they don’t miss a single post.
Traffic Tracking Tools
Hubspot can be used to track the sources of traffic to pertinent pages in your website, such as product pages and landing pages. Understanding where your traffic is coming from can help you understand whether your marketing campaigns are working, and what opportunities are available to enhance your marketing efforts. Under each of these sources, Hubspot also specifies how many sources created leads, and how many of those leads were successfully converted into customers.
Remarketing refers to efforts aimed at re-engaging visitors who have already visited your site and enticing them to come back to your site. Hubspot can be used to monitor individual user behavior, which can then be leveraged to create:
- Personal e-mail campaigns and on-site personalized promotions for abandoned cart users,
- Up-selling and cross-selling campaigns
- Product reorder marketing campaigns
Closed-Loop Reporting Tools
Hubspot provides a closed-loop reporting system that tracks and monitors every interaction a customer had on your website from the time they visited to your website right through when they became a customer on your site. This information can provide useful insights to both the sales and marketing teams, and improve their decisions with regards to the actions needed to improve the various performance metrics on the website.
Hubspot allows businesses to segment their visitor base into intelligent segments based on their current stage in the buyer’s journey, success of previous campaigns and discrete buyer personas. Based on these segments, businesses can then execute targeted actions to encourage these users to push them further along in the sales funnel towards a sale.
Hubspot’s Lead Scoring feature is one such option which allows businesses to create in-depth profiles around each customer, and determines the likelihood of the lead converting successfully into a sale.
Actions Based On User Behavior
Hubspot also allows you to group your customers by specific actions on your website such as:
- Average purchase amounts spent on your website
- Average time between purchases made on your website
- Specific products they abandoned in their carts
- Specific product pages they visited frequently
These actions can then be used to create campaigns – like personalized e-mails, CTAs and special offers – aimed at bringing them back to your website for further interaction and sales.
Hubspot also allows you to create time-limited special offers and campaigns tailored to the user’s activity on your website. This is ideal for cross-selling and up-selling campaigns where you can leverage the user’s interest in a specific product to craft a revenue-generating campaign that can push the user into an immediate sale owing to the time constraint associated with the campaign.
Benefits of Using HubSpot for Business
- Helps improve customer service and increase customer satisfaction by allowing sales and marketing teams to respond instantly to visitor and customer activities on the website through a synchronized platform that covers every single step in the customer journey.
- Creates SEO and mobile-optimized content for websites, blogs, and promotions, thereby improving customer experience and reducing bounce rates on the website.
- Helps brands offer personalized services to customers based on their pertinent needs at any given moment, whether it’s delivering specific piece of content to a prospective visitor or a special e-mail offer for an existing customer based on their recent activity on your website.
- Create an optimized inbound marketing campaign that successfully attracts visitors and converts them into successful leads, converts leads into successful sales and promotes customer retention and loyalty, which in turn, leads to further opportunities through customer referrals and promotions.
- Analyzes and identifies potential sales opportunities at every step of a customer’s lifetime – such as retargeting and remarketing opportunities – and maximizes revenue generation from a single customer.
- Can be used to develop and manage offer campaigns aimed at targeting and gaining new customers through intelligent tracking and analytics on user behaviors, traffic sources, and success rates for both lead and customer conversions.
HubSpot and Magento
Eyemagine offers a useful tool to integrate Magento and HubSpot. The HubSpot Integration automatically syncs your Magento ecommerce information directly into the CRM allowing you to better target your leads, respond to customers, and view your market data. In this way, you can keep an eye on your marketing campaigns and workflows with eagle eye precision. This valuable resource will help you increase online sales from new customers and encourage repeat sales from existing ones.
- Automate and personalize nurturing for abandoned carts
- Automate and personalize up-sell, cross-sell, and reorder emails
- Focus retargeting
- Increased nurturing through Social Media and Smart Content
- Calculate ROI and revenue generated by specific marketing channels and campaigns
In conclusion, with Hubspot driving their inbound marketing campaign, businesses can turn their Magento eCommerce site into a growing and successful revenue-generator.